January 18, 2019 at 11:14 am #18076
Sign up below if you’re attending the UnOfficial Winter MINIFest at the Meadowbrook Inn in Blowing Rock, NC on Presidents Day Weekend this year!
PLEASE RSVP with your name, the number in your party, what days you’re attending and if you would like to go on a motoring run (or lead one) while you’re there.January 19, 2019 at 8:25 am #18083
Jeff and Sherry will attend in Spitfire or Caliente, and will lead a Pottery Run on either Saturday.
Pottery Run details:
We’ll meet in the lot in front of the Meadowbrook at 10am on Saturday, February 16 and depart shortly after that.
It’s about a 20-minute run north to Doe Ridge Pottery in Boone, near the Appalachian State campus. We’ll browse the showroom there for 20-30 minutes, then a short drive to Banner Elk and Maggie Black’s Gallery. We’ll browse awhile here before heading west again for lunch at the legendary Old Hampton Store & BBQ in Linville. The barbeque here is first rate, and we’ll do a weather check here and determine if we want to make the next planned stop, which is Grandfather Mountain. If we do, that may give us a unique winter view from the vista, and we can stay as long as we like. Admission is $20/adult $18/senior.
When we depart, we’ll either take the Parkway or Blowing Rock Road back and end up at Bolick Traditions Pottery, where the 6th generation owner/potter will be minding the shop. We should have enough time after shopping to take a 3-mile trip to their potting studios south of town.
Full disclosure: Original route included a road not yet ready for traffic, and included so much travel time as to limit stopping time. Also, we did NOT get a chance to test-run this, so we will be flying by the seat of our pants. Just wanted you to know that going in.January 19, 2019 at 9:00 am #18084
Bill and Mary Lou will attend in Wm Tell. Plan to make the pottery run. Thursday night thru Sunday is the current plan.January 21, 2019 at 2:52 pm #18099
Bob & Bonnie will there 2-14-19 to 2-17-19 We like the Pottery run, Ice cream run, planetarium run &
any runsFebruary 5, 2019 at 4:18 pm #18211
Barry + 1February 8, 2019 at 11:37 am #18220
Join the Winter MINIFest Roaring Roan Run on Friday 2-15-2019. We will depart at
11 AM from the front parking lot at Meadowbrook Inn in Blowing Rock. Drive to Banner Elk for lunch at Banner Elk Cafe and Tavern. Then to Roan Mountain State Park and over Roan Mountain back into NC. Will stop in Valli Crucis at the original Mast General Store before heading to Boone for dinner at the historic Dan’l Boone Inn.
Come up for the weekend or just for the day. Reply if you will be joining the run with numbers so we can make plans for lunch and dinner. Hope to see you there!February 10, 2019 at 6:23 pm #18233
Winter MINIFest Roaring Roan Run Friday February 15, 2019 Depart @11:00 am
1. Turn left out of the Meadowbrook Inn
2. Turn right on Highway 221 South
3. Right on Cove Road (1552)
4. Left on Shulls Mill Road (1552 and 1557)
5. Left toward Linville & Banner Elk (old Shulls Mill Rd 1557)
6. Left on Highway 105 South (Caution!!!!)
7. Right on Tynescastle Highway 184
8. Left into Banner Elk Café & Lodge ( Lunch stop)
9. Left on to Highway 184
10. Left on Main Street West Highway 194
11. Left at intersection stay on 194
12. Right on to Highway 19E North toward Roan Mountain
13. Left on to TN Highway 143 South
14. Left into Interpretative Center for Roan Mountain (Restrooms available)
15. Follow 143 to the top of Roan Mountain & Carver Gap
16. Follow NC 261 South into North Carolina toward Bakersville
17. Straight onto NC-226 S
18. Turn left onto US 19E N/ S North Carolina 226
19. Turn right onto Mullin Hill Rd
20. Turn right onto Three Mile Rd NC-194 N
21. Turn left onto US-221 N
22. Turn right to stay on US-221 N
23. Turn right on Linville Ave (1545)
24. Straight onto NC-105 N
25. Turn left onto Broadstone Rd
26. Continue on to Highway 194 towards Valle Crucis
27. Turn right after the ESSO sign beside the Oldest Mast General Store
28. After stop exit out the back of the parking lot and turn right on Highway194
29. Follow NC 194 North toward Vilas
30. Turn right onto Highway 321 S
31. Stay straight at the Traffic Light 321 Business
32. Turn right into the parking lot at the Daniel Boone Inn (Dinner Stop)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.